STIT Kick-off Meeting in Italy
Venue: Pisa (Italy)
Date: 22nd-23rd March 2022
Participants: 9 participants (6 staff members in person and 3 online)
Objective: to launch the new Erasmus+ project STIT, establish the plans for efficient and effective project implementation, and set the basis for successful cooperation.
The official beginning of the STIT project took place on 22nd-23rd March 2022. The meeting was hosted by the project leader AFORISMA in Pisa (Italy).
During the 2-day meeting, the five European organizations forming the STIT consortium set the cooperation agreements, planned the implementation phases and agreed on the tools for efficient and harmonized communication.
Firstly, the participants had the opportunity to get to know in person, to introduce themselves and their organizations. Each one emphasized the valuable and complementary competencies that are brought into this project:
- AFORISMA (Italy) – a cooperative specialized in lifelong learning with significant experience in social inclusion
- Fundación Docete Omnes (Spain) – an educational and social centre offering vocational training courses for employees, unemployed, migrants and people with disabilities
- FLIPNET (Italy) – a social promotion association fostering the flipped teaching and the flipped classroom approach
- QZR srl (Italy) – partner expert in communication design and IT development
- BCLIT (Romania) – entrepreneurial organisation specialised in online educational platforms
- Liceul Economic “Virgil Madgearu”, Romania – VET school offering young people equal opportunities to develop careers and foster access to the job market
Secondly, the project manager offered an overview of the two-year project activities which are expected to produce innovative and transferable results. Therefore, the STIT project experts will conduct research and development activities in the area of accessible and inclusive distance teaching, which will be available as follows:
- Online training course for VET staff comprising inclusive pedagogical practices
- Survival Toolkit for VET staff as a set of practical tools to better serve students with learning, sensorial or physical disabilities.
The next stage within the STIT project is dedicated to Focus groups to better define the VET learners’ needs and expectations. Thanks to this approach, the target group involvement will guarantee that the project implementation would respond to current and factual problems.
Finally, the participants highlighted the visibility activities, conferences, seminars and webinars that will be organized throughout the project lifetime to create the premises for high levels of engagement in the EU and even outside of EU borders.
The partners will continuously keep you informed about the progress of activities through the STIT social media: